Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hangin in the Home Brewey...

I took a nice bike ride earlier today, after that I decided just to putter around my home brewery... (I named it La Brasserie Chatouiller) Which just means "to tickle"... Kind of a whimsical name inspired by the many small Belgian artisanal breweries I have visited.

On Tap:

Kolsch - Tasting really good
Robust Porter- Needs a little age, but tasting good
Belgian Strong Dark- Needs about 3-4 months (~8.2% ABV)
Czech Pils- Drinking very well
Southern English Brown- I used Windsor dry Yeast, A bit of acetylaldehyde (green apple) flavor.

I think I am going to make a Belgian Wit on the next batch. I have not had one of those on tap for awhile. Now that I am making 10 Gallon batches, I am not sure I want 10 Gallons of Witbier on hand.

I keep everyone posted if I am going to have an open brew day...

No comments: